Sunday 10 April 2011

Tom Scott Memorial 10 Mile Road Race - 10/4/11



Time today was 1hr 02mins 55secs. I finished 32nd out of 164 runners. I chased Andy McLinden (fellow Hamilton Harrier and cousin) and Scott Mitchell (University of Glasgow Hares and Hounds) and caught both of them at the 7 mile mark. Then to my surprise they caught me again at the 9 mile mark and stretched away from me with about 1/2 mile to go. Andy was 7 seconds in front of me and Scott was 5 seconds ahead. I was happy enough though, since I personally clocked a PB today. It also makes up for the disappointing Parkrun I had yesterday. My average heart rate was 168bpm, but I ran the vast majority at 170bpm and it even rose to 182bpm very briefly at one stage. Happy enough :-) Ali-g won the Lochaber Marathon today in 2hrs 35mins - superb!!

No comments: