Sunday 12 June 2011

Polaroid Vale of Leven 10K - 12/6/11




Chip Time today was 38mins 04secs. That is a personal best on that undulating course, although to be honest a part of the course (from 6K to 9K) had changed from previous years and is now a bit flatter. I felt good going into this race, but was a bit silly at the start by standing amongst the 50min+ 10K runners, only having to later on dodge between them all to surge ahead - wasting valuable energy and fluency. I spotted Al MacLachlan (Bellahouston Road Runners) at the 8K mark and decided to try to catch him, but he managed to accelerate a wee bit just beyond the 9K mark to re-establish his lead. I wish I had sprinted more near the end to have dipped 38mins, but it wasn't to be. Roll on Thursday's Kirkintilloch 10K Trail Race - another tough course nevertheless! My Garmin Heart Rate Monitor was useless today - it just refused to pick up my heart rate accurately. This seems to happen to me every time I wear a monitor in that part of the world - very strange!

No comments: