Sunday 5 September 2010

2010 Great Scottish Run - Glasgow Half Marathon



My Garmin recorded the race distance as 13.25 miles, instead of 13.1 miles. Chip time was 1hr 23mins 36secs (PB!). I must not have 'run the line' or maybe my watch is rubbish at picking up the satellites. It was nonetheless a PB today, although I will always contest that my unofficial PB was clocked last November (2009) at the Hamilton Harriers Half Marathon Championship, where Neil Robbins and I clocked 1.22.00, but since that was an unofficial race it does not count, so my time today I suppose consitutes an official PB. I was happy with my race strategy, since I followed my heart rate throughout and that acted as a good guide for me, as I was able to pace the race properly. My average heart rate (HR) was 168pm, which I knew was my lactate threshold HR anyway. The weather was quite hot and a touch windy in places. No complaints today however!

No comments: